Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just a little furthur...

How much does it take to make someone's day?
How much does it take to take an awkward moment and turn it into a moment of joy?

I had God hand me a little lesson a couple of days ago.
I was serving a customer who told me that she wanted two mocachinos. So I asked her if she was looking for a hot or a cold drink (as this is not something on our menu). She looked a good deal miffed. I then proceeded to finish putting her through the till and giving her her cookie. I decided that I should push a little out of my comfort zone and go further and explain why I had ask for clarification and how I just wanted to make sure I was giving her what she really wanted. This led to an immediate smile. Wow, that was not very hard and made a world of difference!

Later, as I was doing what we call a slide of the cafe (collecting dishes, straightening up) I saw her and asked her if they had enjoyed their mochas. She raved about how good they and her cookie were.

Amazing.

So I was thinking and praying about this later. Okay God. I'm getting your message. How often do I miss opportunities to reach others around me because I am comfortable in my little bubble. How often are there people around me who need a little something, or a big something, and I simply pass them by-because it is easier.
May I truly, but His grace live by this verse:
Ephesians 5:2
and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

No comments: