Sunday, January 8, 2012

Beyond what we can imagine

Little Girl Friend has a great imagination. During lunch today she said her toast was an elephant. There was also another girl who knocked on the door and came in and looked just like me and had my name. She could tell us apart because one of us was cute and the other adorable.

God tells us He can do more than we can as for or think. More than I can imagine. That is an amazing promise!
"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" Ephesians 3: 20
I really need to be reminded of that right now. I can imagine my husband being healed. I can ask and pray for God's provision, wisdom and help in this season. But God has an even greater purpose.
As a song I was listening to a lot in the car today by Jars of Clay says (out of my hands)

There’s nothing in my life, nothing in my life

That you haven’t given to me

I think we like to attribute all the things we see as good as coming from God, but not all things. Not all things that are good are pleasant. But they are still from Him as as He is my loving Father, I can joy in that and trust Him. Which is something I am still learning.

3 comments:

From Aunt Trudi said...

LOL - She makes me laugh

Andrew Shaver said...

Good stuff Kim. Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy. It will be well worth it.

Darlene Joy Koop said...

I miss that sweet little girl!! So glad that she can bring such joy into other people's lives!