Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Joy Dare

I've had a rough week. I know this week that our life is indeed a spiritual battle. When you learn something, it's challenged right away.
I despaired last night. It was wrong. It was sin. And I did it.
It's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. To trust. It's easy to let frustration win. Allow my feelings to dictate action. To dwell in gloom.

I had a friend give me a little book to read. She saw my post about keeping a thankfulness journal a few weeks ago and said "ohhh! You have to read this!"
It was a gift from God. Or rather is. A cup of cold water on a hot day. No, in the middle of the wilderness.
I started to read 1000 gifts to tears, conviction and joy right away. I need to re-prioritize to include more time for reading though!

Today this friend posted this on my facebook wall. I was intrigued. So, I think I'll just start on todays date and go from there.
Gifts: everything we have is a gift from God. By recognizing and naming them we give him thanksgiving and praise.

So here is February 5ths challenge!
A gift stitched: A warm sweater
A gift hammered: My new handcrafted earrings that I can't stop wearing!
A gift woven: A new necklace made as a gift for a precious girl!

This is Ann Voskam's blog as well. It will cut to your heart, convict and draw you to Him.

No comments: