Saturday, April 6, 2013

For His great name

Joshua 7:... And what will you do for your great name?”
Praying and asking God to work and what will He do for the sake of His name.

This really struck me during my quiet time this week. Wow! What boldness!

Joshua was in a tough situation to say the least. Israel had just been defeated at Ai. They were surrounded by enemies
I don't know about you, but I think I pray a little "politely"sometimes.
Joshua called on God to defend Himself and bring glory to His name.
I started to pray in this way after reading this. I challenge you to do the same!

Some gifts:
-Long winters, with spring coming when God call it, in the weather and in our lives.

- "Be strong and courageous"

- getting back to counting my gifts.

- quiet time with Jesus.

- Grace towards me that is new every morning.

- My car accident (trust in The Lord, and learning compassion for others).

No comments: